Apr 6, 2022
My guest this week is Heather Adams, a boy mom,
communications expert and CEO of Choice Media & Communications, a
leading communications firm dedicated to providing clients in the
entertainment and lifestyle space with quality communications
Choice helps brands, influencers, and authors grow
their business and influence by leveraging their unparalleled
relationships and crafting smart, personalized communication and
brand strategies that demand attention and deliver results.
4:37 – Heather 101
- She grew up outside Atlanta, in Marietta, with an
- In high school, her yearbook advisor told her she
had a gift for storytelling. So in college she studied
communications and magazines.
11:25 – Layoffs
- Heather was leading a publicity team at a company,
but the recession happened, and she was laid off.
- Her husband looked at her and said don’t take your
next step out of fear.
- Another company brought her on as a consultant, and
she made double the money. She eventually started her own
22:40 – Passion for mentorship
- High school teachers believed in Heather and
encouraged her to study communications.
- Her mission now is to mentor college women.
- There is so much power in linking arms with women
and setting a wider table and allowing every seat to be occupied by
a woman instead of fighting against each other for one.
29:20 – Supporting women
- Heather used to hustle to be the best, but she
learned that other women’s’ success does not diminish her own
- As a young girl, people told Heather she was bossy
and needed to be quiet. But her parents celebrated her
37:20 – Mentoring
- If you are looking for a mentor, don’t downplay
virtual mentors. If you don’t know someone personally, you can
follow them on social media, read their books, listen to their
- Find someone you know who has an exceptional
talent, and ask to learn from them, even if it’s not work
46:26 – What’s next?
- Heather has a conference for busy, working women.
She’s also working on her podcast, Make Me Known.
52:00 – Get to know you
- Guilty pleasures? Real Housewives, a face steamer
and Trader Joe’s peanut butter cups
- Favorite book genre? Thrilled mysteries
There is so much power in linking arms with women and
setting a wider table and allowing every seat to be occupied by a
woman instead of us fighting against each other for one.
I feel like that’s my mission field, serving college
Thank you to our partner of the show!
Are you looking to clean up your household cleaning
products this year? MamaSuds would like to help! The best way is to
simply start with one product. Every time you run out of a specific
cleaning product, replace it with a non-toxic one. Another tip,
purchase a product that has multiple uses. The MamaSuds Collection
has many multiple use products (castile soap or the toilet bombs
are just a few!). Their blog has lots of great tips and a castile
soap recipe that you can print and make a lot of your own effective
cleaners! Give them a try at www.mamasuds.com and don't forget to use the coupon
code MOLLY for 15% off your order!